April 3, 2013

Meet Maddie!

Hi!  My name is Maddie Stander. 

I’ve been married to my fabulous hubby Jake since 2006 and I still think he is the funniest, handsomest, most charming man I’ve ever met! (I actually couldn’t stand him when we first met, but I’ll save that story for another time!)


At my sister’s wedding, when Jake and I were dating

We have two kids - Tytan (3) and Zoey (1). Jake is a hay farmer who works crazy hours and is pretty much gone most of the summer but is home all winter. Last year I was able to quit my job drawing blood at the Hospital and now I get to stay home full time with the kiddos. We live in the booming metropolis that is Blackfoot, Idaho! Whoo!

I love all things crafty and try to do something creative/messy/fun with the kids every day. I used to be a neat freak, but now I figure my kids are only this little once - everything can get cleaned up, clothes can be washed, and no matter how messy the kids are, they can always take a tub! I love sewing, cooking and baking, and searching the D.I. for stuff I can paint/re-upholster/fix up to decorate my house on the cheap. I am addicted to popsicles, peanut butter m&m’s, coloring my hair, and taking naps as often as I can! :)

I’m so excited to contribute to Amy’s blog - we met in High School, when I was the shy, nervous new girl and she is seriously one of the sweetest gals in the world; not to mention she’s hilarious! Her laugh is the best, too - if you’ve never heard it, she sounds just like Spongebob!! I hope you ladies love the blog!

Read Maddie's amazing S.O.M. post: When the Fog Lifted: My Journey Overcoming Postpartum Depression

The Standers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your questions, comments, and compliments...we like 'em all! :) Don't be shy: we want to hear from YOU! Plus, you can let this lady know her story was heard--I promise your comment means a lot to her!

Thanks, friends! :)