August 13, 2013

Given 15 Months to Live

By Heather
Introduced by Amy

Hey friends!  Sorry, I've been a little MIA this past week--I was off hanging out with my husband's extended fam in Washington...it's was stinkin fun. :)  But, I love you and I missed you, and I thought of you as I rode in a car for hours and hours with no internet to post a post with.

I want to share this email and link I received from an amazing lady named Heather.   I am so inspired by her story.  Even with a death sentence as a diagnosis, she kicked cancer to the curb, and is happily enjoying life with her husband and daughter.  Now she reaches out to tell her story to others.  She's got courage, optimism, guts, and heart.  Here's her email--and I hope you find her movie as powerful as I did.  Thanks, so much Heather for sharing! :)
-Amy
----------

"I am 44 and a mother to a quirky little 7 year old, Lily.  She is my only child, and my whole world.
Heather, with her family!
When Lily was just 3 1/2 months old, I was diagnosed with mesothelioma; a type of cancer that kills most people within 2 years.  As I’m sure you can imagine, the first thing that came to mind when I was diagnosed was my baby girl and how I wasn’t going to be able to watch her grow up.  After intense treatment and recovery, I’m still here 7 years later and cancer free!

My journey with cancer was a terrifying one and I'd like to turn my pain into purpose and become someone that other people can look to for guidance, inspiration, and hope in situations like my own.  My husband and I recently participated in a short video about my experience with cancer and I contacted you because I feel that your blog would be an excellent place to share.  I’m hoping to use this video as a tool to raise awareness of this horrible, little-known cancer that is such a deadly killer (and sadly, 100% preventable).  I would love it if you would be willing to share my video on your blog with your readers."

Video: "With Hope, the Odds Don't Matter"

Please "Share" this video to pass on Heather's message!  Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your questions, comments, and compliments...we like 'em all! :) Don't be shy: we want to hear from YOU! Plus, you can let this lady know her story was heard--I promise your comment means a lot to her!

Thanks, friends! :)